- What is LGBTQ*?
- Your Officers
- Contact Us
NUS LGBT Conference 2013
The NUS LGBT Campaign is the national student movement from the liberation of LGBT people. Every year, there is an annual Conference, where policy motions are submitted and voted on to become NUS LGBT policy.
Policy motions direct the work done by the NUS LGBT Campaign, typically stating what the campaign believes about an issue and what it resolves to do about the issue. As an Association we can propose up to five motions to be considered, one per policy zone:
- Education – concerning LGBT rights related to the classroom and studying
- Society & Citizenship – concerning LGBT rights in society
- Strong and Active Unions – concerning the ability of students’ unions including their clubs and societies to support and extend LGBT rights
- Welfare & Student Rights – concerning LGBT rights related to wellbeing
- Rules Revision – concerning the standing orders of NUS LGBT Conference
Within the Association, we will be preparing for Conference following this plan:
- Week 5 meeting – vote on motions
- Week 8 meeting – vote on amendments
- Week 9 meeting – elect delegates
For more information about the NUS LGBT Campaigns Conference 2013, see http://www.nusconnect.org.uk/ents/event/586/.
For information about our meeting plan, motions, amendments, delegate elections, or anything else, please contact Matt, the Chair.
Which drink do you prefer?
May 13, 2013 (All Day)Ends May 19, 2013
May 27, 2013 (All Day)Ends June 2, 2013
June 3, 2013 08:00Ends June 9, 2013 05:00
June 10, 2013 08:00Ends June 16, 2013 05:00
June 17, 2013 08:00Ends June 23, 2013 05:00